On 25 Sep 2009 at 11:01, James Kerr  wrote:

> So I have my sisters PC here and the partition cannot be viewed and of course
> the PC will not boot, just DSODs right away. It looks like I will need some
> software to be able to recover whatever files I can from this drive. I used a
> software in the past and for the life of me I can't remember what it was
> called but it was free and it worked. Any recommondations?

Here's a free tool from F-Secure that might help recover a lost partition:

------- Included Stuff Follows -------

    * TestDisk is another data recovery tool that can be used to recover a
    lost partition, for example.

--------- Included Stuff Ends ---------
More here with links:
http://www.f-secure.com/linux-weblog/2009/09/22/rescue-cd-311/