Give 'em as much memory as possible. Our database apps (especially those
that have a lot of screen redrawing for long lists of numbers) run at a
crawl without 4GB of RAM, even though they are only XP 32-bit machines.
Don't know whether it is just our thin clients or not, but don't expect the
performance of animated mouse pointers and the like to be up to much
(probably only our users would complain about such a thing, however). If you
are going to be using multiple screens, we have found SplitView to be very
handy.

2009/10/2 Craig Gauss <gau...@rhahealthcare.org>

> Just looking to see if anyone else out there is running View and if they
> have come up with any sort of best practices when it comes to Windows
> workstations.  We followed Vmware's best practice guide but I am
> wondering if anyone else has found some good things that worked for
> them.  I did read on one forum that some users have found it better to
> set the VMs with no page file.
>
> Anyone?

"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able
rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such
a question."

http://raythestray.blogspot.com