Yes, I missed it too.  Thanks for the post.  Gotta run, I'm busy
changing passwords....

________________________________

From: Micheal Espinola Jr [mailto:michealespin...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 9:53 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: SANS Diary: Time to change your hotmail/gmail/yahoo password

I missed this yesterday, did you?

http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=7276:

        Microsoft has confirmed that thousands of Windows Live accounts
have been compromised with their passwords posted online. Mainstream
media such as the BBC are also carrying the story. Some information is
posted here
<http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2F7EB29B42641D59!41528.
entry?wa=wsignin1.0&sa=363915619> .

        UPDATE: Gmail and Yahoo are also affected by the compromise.
Change all passwords on any of these popular webmail sites.

        Some does and don'ts:

        *       Do change your passwords on a regular basis (every six
months or so)
        *       Do use long complex pass-phrases rather than passwords
where you can
        *       Do change all of your passwords if you notice something
suspicious
        *       Do take identity theft seriously
        *       Do use up-to-date anti-virus and a firewall
        *       Do NOT click on links in emails, ever
        *       Do NOT use the same password at multiple sites

--
ME2