On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Joseph Heaton <jhea...@dfg.ca.gov> wrote:
> Anyone know of a patch management software that will allow you to check
> a box to NOT have the software reboot your machine, AND will also give
> you a report of servers that needed a reboot but weren't rebooted?

  The first part, WSUS, WUAU, and AD GP can give you.  You have
options for what to push, when to push it, whether to require a
reboot, whether to immediately redo missed patch detections, whether
to allow users to defer a reboot, etc.

  I can generally derive the later by looking at the reports in WSUS
for what patches are installed and what are pending.  But we only have
a couple servers anyway, and servers don't get auto patched (we log in
to them and tell it to run), so there's usually no "half patched"
states to worry about.

  (That said, "half patched" is generally an unreliable configuration,
so I'd suggest avoiding it in the first place.)

-- Ben