Don't trust the internet, then it can't confuse you.

All the internet traffic on topic this all resulted from a LinkedIn profile
for an MS employee
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/173442/windows_8_details_emerge.html.
At this point it's all theoretical.  What I've read was all speculative.
I've seen some sites claime he was working on an IA-128 simulator (since no
chip actually exists), and others tried to relate it to storage capacity,
being able to access 128 bit storage such as a filesystem like ZFS.  My
hunch is that it is related to the storage aspect rather than actual 128 bit
processing.