On 15 Oct 2009 at 17:23, Andrew S. Baker  wrote:

> Not only is Foxit getting a little hefty, but it sometimes behaves a
> little weird in FireFox under 64-bit Windows. And the last update had
> some problem with printing from FireFox.

I always disable "View PDF in browser" so that the PDFs open in a pure Foxit
window.  Would that work for you?

FYI Foxit settings used to be stored in FoxitReader_Preferences.ini in the same
folder as the "Foxit Reader.exe" but it appears that as of v3 they're in the
registry under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\] -- you
need to add the following two reg key values to toggle this permanently, as
apparently turning it off in Ctrl-K (Preferences) isn't sticky:

=======================================
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\MainFrame]
"ShowAd"="0"
"DisplayInBrowser"="0"
=======================================

The "ShowAd" line has the advantage of turning off the advert "pain" ;-)

After you do this, these two settings are sticky even through an update.

This might of interest to you:

=======================================
  Foxit Software - Bug Fix List for Foxit Reader
  http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/bugfix.htm
    Fixed in Foxit Reader 3.1.2.1013
    Fix the memory leak issue where the memory usage will continuously
    grow while viewing PDF files with Foxit Reader.

HTH

Angus

--
Angus Scott-Fleming