From: Sam Cayze [mailto:sam.ca...@rollouts.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:55 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Outlook 2007, constant hard disk thrashing.

I've been testing Defraggler file-level defrag for OST's (Mine range
from 2GB to 15GB for our users).  We have NO issues with Outlook speed,
but I figured it might help and be good measure.  It's hard to really
gauge the benefit...

df.exe C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost /large

Will defrag just that file, and move it to the end of the drive.
Obviously it would have to run when outlook isn't open.  (Startup
script).

http://docs.piriform.com/defraggler

Sam