OCS is pretty good at presence status and Outlook integration - Inactive
when no activity for x minutes, Away when screen locked, Offline when not
logged in, etc. You can also set custom presence states I think, and it
integrates tightly with our phones as well.

Don't know whether it might be a tad expensive though

--
"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able

http://raythestray.blogspot.com