From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:18 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: OTish: Verizon FIOS vs. Comcast Cable

All,

Got a doorbeller on my front step today (took the day off) from
Verizon - wants to sell us on his service.

Currently we've got Comcast cable at about $65.00/mo - don't know the data rate.

Verizon would cost about $55.00/mo - 15mbit down, 5mbit up.

Neither one static IP, just consumer grade.

Both are sans phone and TV - I've got a cell phone and refuse to buy
access to the mind-altering, time-wasting drug that is TV.

Anyone care to give forth with an opinion on the differences between
the two, and a preference - customer service, reliability, etc? No DSL
here - too far from the POP.

I don't mind saving $10/mo, if the service for the FIOS is equal to or
better than cable.

OTOH, it makes me cranky that they're charging me $5.00/mo *NOT* to
have their voice service. Grumble.

Kurt