On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Thomas Vuylsteke
<thomas.vuylst...@realdolmen.com> wrote:
> Site links are only transitive when “Bridge all site links” is enabled
> (which is by default I think). But even then, If I’m correct the ISTG/KCC
> will only create connection objects using transitive site links, if and only
> if he doesn’t get all the information from a connected site. So basically
> the topology generator only uses the transitivity when it has no other way.
>

> When a site link is not there for an hour (or two?) the kcc will recalculate
> stuff, and perhaps starts using transitive links. If you let the KCC do its
> stuff, it will only create one object connection between two sites.

Hrm. In my case, I have physical and virtual DCs here at this site
(the data center). So I want links to both a physical and a virtual
DC, from each of the other sites.

If Remote Site #1 Server #1 has a link only to Main Site Server #1,
and Main Site Server #1 (the PDC roleholder, etc) goes down/melts
down/is completely unavailable, doesn't that mean I'd have to wait for
KCC to recalculate another link  from Remote Site Server #1 to Main
Site Server #2? Until then, I have no connection from Remote Site #1
to Main Site.

Am I correct so far?

So I made a manually entered connection from Remote Site #1 Server #1
to Main Site Server #2. And did the same thing for Remote Site #3 and
#4. Multiple connections from each remote site to the main site, for
redundancy.

> If you prefer having two, you can set some option for the sitelink which is
> called
> “redundant connections” something.

Sounds like something I could use, yes. Any idea of how I configure that?