[Posted with permission of Stu.]

I do a lot of work for two colleges at the University of Virginia (which is
located in Charlottesville, VA, USA).

One of them, the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia, is
looking for a Senior Windows/Network Administrator. They have a very fun
environment, lots of "toys", lots of technology, and lots of responsibility.
They are looking for an excellent candidate, who is very self-driven and
up-to-date with current technologies (including virtualization, high
availability with remote data-centers, Windows Server, Exchange Server, SCCM,
etc.) for this position.

This is Virginia - so it may not compete against a LA or NYC position, but UVa
does pay well for good candidates. And Charlottesville is a wonderful place to
live (I came here 21 years ago, intending only to stay 2 years - and never
left).

The job description is at
http://www.commerce.virginia.edu/aboutus/Documents/NetworkAdmin.pdf

This is a position that I would call a transition position. It's very hands-on,
but with some management responsibilities. Someone who excels here would
probably move into IT management as their next position. (Which is what the
current position holder is doing.)

If you are interested, you can go the standard route, or feel free to e-mail me
directly and I can forward your contact information and resume to the hiring
CTO (who used to be a C# MVP).

I also work quite a bit with the Darden School of Business at the University of
Virginia. They are also looking for a Windows System Administrator
(non-senior). They also have a very fun environment, lots of "toys", lots of
technology, and lots of responsibility. They are looking for someone who has a
solid grounding in current Microsoft technologies but who is willing to learn
and help their Senior Administrator continue to develop and move their
technology deployments into a more leading edge infrastructure.

This position is not yet posted - but should go up next week.

Of course, in both cases, you have to continue using me as the primary Windows
consultant. :-) (j/k)

Please don't discuss this on-list. If you have questions, either contact me or
the hiring managers.

Thanks!