That's the correct method if you want the file to be removed as well.  Turning
off hibernation via the gui does not remove the file.

From: Richard Stovall [mailto:richard.stov...@researchdata.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 4 November 2009 7:06 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Hiberfil.sys on W2K8 systems

The following command run from an elevated prompt doesn't remove it?

"powercfg -h off"

For grins, every time I run this I actually have Explorer open to the location
of the hiberfil.sys file and watch it disappear.

This is just a guess, but is hibernation configured in the active plan found in
the Control Panel Power Options applet?

RS