I always follow the Major Geeks procedure.  So far, it has not failed me.
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

CFee
From: John Aldrich [mailto:jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 1:41 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Why it's good to use multiple malware scanners

Ok... the machine I had problems with yesterday... I scanned using Vipre
Rescue. Cleaned off the Antivirus Pro adware. I ran it again in safe mode
overnight. Nothing found. So I rebooted into regular mode and there were a
couple items that wanted to run, but Windows popped up a warning saying
something about unknown publisher and I told it not to run. So, I ran AVG
against those. Nothing found. Then I updated my SpyBot S&D and ran it against
the whole drive. It found what it called "fraud.sysguard" and I told it to
quarantine. I haven't run Malware Bytes since I cleaned it yesterday, but
anyway... the moral of the story is : NOTHING finds *every* piece of malware
out there. Some (Vipre) do better than others (AVG) but it doesn't hurt to run
several different non-resident malware scanners in a row. :)

[cid:image001.jpg@01CA5E23.A2F9B2E0][cid:image002....@01ca5e23.a2f9b2e0]

<<inline: image001.jpg>>

<<inline: image002.jpg>>