From: Angus Scott-Fleming [mailto:angu...@geoapps.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 6:54 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: OT: Side work

On 9 Nov 2009 at 15:23, John Aldrich  wrote:

>     Thanks. I´ll probably go cheaper than that, probably estimate 2 hours
> @$25/hour for cleaning malware. Also, blow the inevitable dust bunnies out
> of the case, etc.

Way too cheap.  Don't know where you are, but the Geek Squad is $99/hour even
in low-priced Tucson here.  One of the local companies I use to do hardware
work is $95/hour.

I bill in 1/4-hour increments with a 2-hour onsite minimum, but I don't bill
for drive time.  For phone or remote support or support done in my office I
bill in 0.1-hour increments, so there is a huge incentive to have me work
remotely or bring me the gear to work on.

+1 on Jonathan Link's comments about pricing high and discounting home users.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona