Hey Guys;

We've been task to  find out how to create a new  "green" power profile
on our PC's / laptops and also have them shutdown at a specified time at
night. Poking around Google I see that XP system's wont accept an AD
power policy by default but the powercfg.exe can be used to push one as
noted here
http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=power_mgt.pr_power_mgt_ez_gpo

Has anyone used this or have any suggestions (or nightmare scenarios) on
other tools that can be used, free or cheap of course J

Cheers!

Carlos Garcia-Moran

Server / Storage Engineer

Sprague Energy

www.spragueenergy.com <http://www.spragueenergy.com/>

P: 603-430-5355

C: 857-234-0343

F: 603-430-7219

This e-mail, including attachments, contains information that is
confidential and may be protected by attorney/client or other privileges.
This e-mail, including attachments, constitutes non-public information
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not
an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this e-mail, including
attachments, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify me by e-mail reply and delete
the original message and any attachments from your system.