Hello, world!

  Some people have requested copies of my backup scripts.  Here we go.

  I'll try to answer any questions people have, but make no promises.

  Provided free, no warranty, use at your own risk, etc.

General usage

  There's really two separate things here.  One is for backing up with
NT RMS (Removable Media Services, mainly tape, but it's possible for a
disk-based system to support RMS).  The other is for doing
disk-to-disk backups of our other two servers, which fit a generic
template and so were easily generalized.

  In both cases, you'll likely need to Read The Friendly Source to use
'em.  They are usually well-commented.

  I have a shared directory "backupadmin" that has all my backup
administration stuff in it.  The scripts themselves, plus support
files.  There's a subdirectory for each server.  Each server has
specific job files that get added to the generic ones.  This is also
where the log files get written to.

  There's a subdirectory called "ROBOCOPY" which is where the generic
ROBOCOPY job files live.  Also the ROBOCOPY-specific scripts live
there.  There's a subdirectory called NTBACKUP where the generic
NTBACKUP BKS files live.  Also the NTBACKUP-specific scripts live
there.

Usage of NT RMS stuff

  You need to set environement variables.

  Most of the scripts require an environment variable RSM_LIB_GUID,
which tells them the GUID of your tape "library" (which may be a
single drive).

  Use "view_libraries.CMD" to figure out the GUID.

  The backup script also needs "RSM_INV_WAIT", how many seconds it
waits for an inventory to complete.

  Tapes need to be prep'ed using the NTMSGUI first.

Usage of disk-to-disk stuff

    Each server gets a server-specific script, which calls the
"generic_server_backup" master script, which invokes everything else.
You'll need to edit "generic_server_backup" to change the "CHANGEME"
stuff.  The DPHOME is where backup administration files live.  The
target is the share on a server which is where backups get written to.
 (That server is then backed up by the NT RMS script.)

NT RMS backup script

run_NTBACKUP_UM.CMD
http://pastebin.com/f24f85d5e

NT RMS support scripts

view_libraries.CMD
http://pastebin.com/f6772b23b

eject_RSM.CMD
http://pastebin.com/f7a66feab

inventory_RSM.CMD
http://pastebin.com/f4bfa3b99

view_loaded_tape.CMD
http://pastebin.com/f7dc7e9b2

view_loaded_part.CMD
http://pastebin.com/f52d8e12c

Disk-to-disk backup

generic_server_backup.CMD
http://pastebin.com/f470443df

run_NTBACKUP_file.CMD
http://pastebin.com/f303cafc4

generic_server_backup_ROBOCOPY.CMD
http://pastebin.com/f1f681b0f

Generic support files for the D2D scripts

* Put the RCJ's under ROBOCOPY directory

generic_server_backup_opts.RCJ
http://pastebin.com/f26937591

generic_server_backup_C.RCJ
http://pastebin.com/f15450a81

generic_server_backup_D.RCJ
http://pastebin.com/f623c7183

SysState.BKS
* This is just an NTBACKUP selection list that only selects System State
* NTBACKUP is picked about format, so use the GUI to create this
* Put this under the NTBACKUP directory

Example D2D server-specific files

example_run_server_backup.CMD
http://pastebin.com/fc3c202