From: KenM [mailto:kenmli...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 12:58 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Issue with Seeing ALL OU's in Tree from LDP.exe

Check your version of LDP, i had some strange issues with older versions
not showing all OU's.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Ziots, Edward <ezi...@lifespan.org>
wrote:

All,

I am trying to search and view all the Objects with the LDP.exe Utility
from Windows Support Tools, and only get it to return to me about 1000
entries, which doesn't get me deep enough into the tree to be able to
double click on the OU I want and show the objects inside it. I
basically get a dump from LDP from Objects with names A through C and it
stops there.

I can get to the OU I am looking for if I type in the DN in the View
Menu, Tree Submenu of the utility and see the objects by CN inside. But
not if I search from the top of the tree OU=X, DC=X,DC=X,DC=ORG.  I get
about 500-1000 entries back and then it stops, which doesn't get me all
the way down the tree.

There is no replication errors, and I have done a DCDiag and repadmin
against all my DC's.

Is there particular settings I need to put in LDP.exe  to have it return
all the objects and OU's from the root of the tree. ?

Please advise,

Edward Ziots

Network Engineer

Lifespan Organization

MCSE,MCSA,MCP+I, ME, CCA, Security +, Network +

ezi...@lifespan.org

Phone:401-639-3505