From: Marc Maiffret [mailto:marc.maiff...@fireeye.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 10:02 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: New Adobe ZeroDay

There is a new Adobe ZeroDay out that you should start following and make sure
to patch your systems whenever Adobe gets to releasing a patch etc... You can
read more about it here:

http://vrt-sourcefire.blogspot.com/2009/12/adobe-reader-medianewplayer-analysis.html

http://twitter.com/hdmoore/status/6706530082

http://extraexploit.blogspot.com/search/label/CVE-2009-4324

http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=7747

P.S. As I have known many on the list for quite some time now I wanted to
update you all that I have recently joined FireEye as Chief Security Architect
to help oversee product innovation and research. In a nut shell we are a
hardware based solution that bridges some of the visibility and complexity gap
of traditional network intrusion prevention and desktop anti-virus in order to
provide comprehensive detection for today's latest threats. This includes being
able to for example detect the above malicious PDF zeroday at the network
level, and through virtual machine verification within the appliance, across
your entire organization by simply dropping in a box.
http://www.fireeye.com/news_events/pr/20091209_PR.html

More fun research to come!

Signed,
Marc Maiffret