Have you checked the HOSTS file?

From: John Aldrich [mailto:jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com]
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 3:16 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Search strangeness

One of my users is unable to get to any search engine. I tried loading
FireFox on there as well as IE and in both cases the browser times out
before loading any search site. I can get to the front page of Yahoo,
but when I attempt to search for something, it gives me a timeout error.
PC is a Dell Optiplex 740 with about a Gig of RAM, Windows XP Pro SP3,
with Vipre Enterprise loaded on it.

Any suggestions? I've seen where malware will block IE, but never seen
it block FireFox, and everything else in IE and Firefox seem to work,
just no searching allowed. Also, Vipre has not found any malware on
there.

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>