> Subsequent "Ctrl-Alt-Del" signals result in a black console with a
blinking "_" in the upper left corner.  SO, I have to delete that "VM"
and start from scratch...

When I run into this, I check the option to go force the VM into BIOS on
next reboot. Then after exiting BIOS, you'll get the option to press ESC
to choose a boot option again.  It's fairly frustrating and I'd love to
know why CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't seem to stick, but it is much better than
deleting the VM J