I do , and I disable that along with the trackpad...  both drive me
nutz.

-sc

From: Mike Gill [mailto:lis...@canbyfoursquare.com]
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 1:06 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Dell E6500 Audio Output level control?

I installed Win7 on my E6500 recently and only installed drivers for the
hardware Win7 didn't detect or doesn't function properly without it. The
audio works with the default MS driver, and I don't get any pop-ups.

IIRC, I installed the mouse driver for the scrolling, the Bluetooth
driver, the SD reader and the Nvidia driver (from Nvidia). BTW, did you
know the pointing stick is also a button if you tap it?

--
Mike Gill