WPAD works great in the US office, for both FF and IE.

However, I must consider the overseas offices, because it's a really
bad idea to try to run their web traffic to outside web sites through
our proxy server here.

The big problem is (as you pointed out) that FF doesn't do the
DHCP-and-DNS method of WPAD - it *only* looks for
http://wpad.example.tld/wpad.dat. Therefore, I must find a way for at
least one of the offices to get their settings for FF (and perhaps IE,
but that's optional, and can be done otherwise with the DHCP-and-DNS
method) from the wpad.dat file here in the US, and redirect them to
the proxy server in their own office.

That's because, as far as I know, given that I have a single
forest/single domain configuration, I can't have
http://wpad.example.tld exist in two offices at once, especially with
two different wpad.dat files.

So, I'm looking for how to serve that up out of the single wpad.dat
file I can have on the web site.

Even if I get that working, however, I'll still have the issue that if
the connection is down between here and there, they'll have to
manually configure their browsers regardless, which is a PITA.

Kurt