From: Buchenauer Christian [mailto:cbuchena...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 7:03 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Looking for a simple FTP / FTPs - server

Hi list,

I am in the need of a simple ftp/ftps server for windows. Key criteria is that
the server software
- writes the log into a flat file
- stores the user database in a flat file

We need to be able to easily copy the whole configuration to another host;
therefore any database-driven system is a no-go. The user base will be around
50 - 100 users; we do not need a fully fledged beast for hundreds of users.

I checked the latest versions of Serv-U and WS_FTP Server; both of them use
databases for user config and/or logging and are thus a no-go.

I thought about using an older version of Serv-U or GlobalScape which use flat
files only but I would like to check with the list first.

Does anyone know of another small, simple FTP server (ssh is not required)
which we could use?

Thanks for any hints.

Chris