Running into the same situation where you never know if all the reg entries are
removed, I ran across a little program called REVO Uninstaller.  Of the few
times I ran it, it worked great for cleaning up the registry.

From: david....@nwea.org
To: ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:14:34 -0800
Subject: RE: Checking for clean removal of application

In batch:

DIR /S > %TEMP%\Before.TXT

Pause

Install
the app, then uninstall the app

DIR /S > %TEMP%\After.TXT

Then

FC %TEMP%\before.txt %TEMP%\after.txt > %temp%\diff.txt

View contents of diff.txt

Of course you install and uninstall the app before the AFTER.TXT
is created, and %TEMP% can be C:\ or whatever, or leave as is (I think in batch
it’s actually %%Temp or something, but you get the idea).

David Lum // SYSTEMS
ENGINEER

NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION

(Desk) 971.222.1025 // (Cell) 503.267.9764