"Reasonable".

To whom?

-sc

From: James Kerr [mailto:cluster...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:35 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Internet Policy

I know this has been discussed in the past but I'm in the process of
making changes to ours so I was interested in a little input from my
peers. We have always had a policy of not allowing our desktops, email
and Internet connection to be used for personal use at all. That being
said we have always turned a blind eye to occasional personal use
through the day. This has been a problem for us. Now we are looking to
change the policy to reflect that we do allow this type of use.

We want the staff to know that's its ok but we also want them to know
what's not ok. I was looking to basically say the following. "Some
personal Internet use is allowed but must not interfere with the
performance of work duties and responsibilities. Personal Internet use
must be restricted to reasonable sites and materials such as news or
information that might be considered reasonable if read as a text
publication in an office environment." I'm also going to add that
downloading files is not allowed unless approved by IT and that this
includes email attachments from personal email as well. Any thoughts?

James