File server migration project. Old file server W2K3. New file server W2K8
SP2. Backup server also W2K8 SP2 running BE 12.5.
Rather than using robocopy et al, decided to try a backup restore.

Backed up current file server "\Public" folder (Note: not an Exchange PF;
just file structure), backup successful. Total volume ~80 Gigs.

Performed redirect restore (including perms), completed successfully, job
log shows ~80 gigs restored minus a few insignificant exceptions.

Went to new file server selected properties of restored folder. Imagine my
surprise when the total size of \public was only 40g. Some quick checking
shows files missing from a variety of folders.
Original folder props: 267,572 Files, 55,373 folders
New folder props: 160,009 files, 43,339 folders.

Nothing significant in event log or BE job log.

Any ideas? My next step is to blow away the new folder and restore again,
this time with destination auditing in place. If that doesn't work, a call
to Symantec.

But I'm wondering if it's a W2K8 issue. Perms, etc?

TIA.

Charlie Kaiser
charl...@golden-eagle.org
Kingman, AZ