From: Eldridge, Dave [mailto:d...@parkviewmc.com]
Subject: RE: 2008 TS servers

I added an 08 ts here in a 03 AD. I did move the license server to the new
08 ts. I wanted it to be able to hand out cals to either  03 or 08 ts. I had
to call the clearinghouse to get this done. In my case they dropped my phone
call after we removed the 03 license server. I was left without any license
server. L

Make sure you have all your agreements and license numbers and lots of
patience.

Quick question for anyone. Is it a requirement to put the license server on
a DC or will any member server do? Mine is a single domain and is on a
member server and I don't see any issues in AD with this.

From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Subject: 2008 TS servers

Has anyone here deployed 2008 Terminal Servers in a 2003 AD domain? I just
want to confirm it's pretty straightfoward: (in basic terms) just stand up a
2008 Server, enable TS licensing, activate/add licensing, and point 2008 TS
machine(s) to it, right? Maybe a DNS entry so other TS server can find it?

Of course silly me I put the 2008 licenses on our current TS license server
(a 2003 DC) and now I get to call MS to back them out so I can move them
over.

This article looks like it has what I need:

http://blogs.technet.com/askds/archive/2008/09/05/new-functionality-in-windo
ws-server-2008-terminal-service-licensing.aspx

Caveats? Comments?