From: John Aldrich [mailto:jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com]
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 5:01 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: SAN solutions

Well, according to the sales guy, a few years ago Hitachi decided they
wanted to start making SANS for the SMB market and started producing SANs
with no frills. pretty bare bones storage, but with replication on-board. J
Although he didn't *say* it is sounds like there are certain pre-configured
packages that they offer and that's it. In case anyone's curious they are
called Hitachi Simple Modular Storage 100.

I'm looking at 6 Terabytes in a RAID 6 configuration with dual controllers
and on-board replication (still to be determined if it replicates
*everything* or just the changes!) and installation, and 3 year nbd warranty
for just over $21,000.

John-AldrichTile-Tools