Just spoke with the vendor and he is trying to answer some of the questions
that have come up regarding the SMS100. One question that I asked him was
expandability - how can you expand the storage on the SMS-100; that is, can
you add a JBOD or do you have to buy the whole package again, and
unfortunately, you have to buy the whole thing all over again, which is a
negative in my mind. That being said, if they are as inexpensive as he says,
for $5-6K you can get another SAN, which is not a bad price, but I am still
leaning towards the Silicon Mechanics option as you can add another tray of
disks to the box and go on from there. You would probably have to buy a
license upgrade for the Silicon Mechanics option I'm looking at, but it's
pretty standard hardware and it's a lot less expensive than the other
name-brand options. J

John-AldrichTile-Tools

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>