These are simple 2008 security enhancements.

Why are you creating files at the root of a partition anyway? It's a bad idea!

Otherwise, you need to open your cmd prompt or windows explore elevated - that
is, click on the icon for them and select "Run as Administrator".

From: Neil Standley [mailto:n...@net-venture.com]
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 7:08 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: 2008 R2 in a 2003 R2 domain

Please forgive me if this has been answered already, I searched through my list
emails and couldn't find anything related.

Is there anything I need to do to prep my 2003 R2 domain before introducing a
2008 R2 member server?

I ask because, well I was stupid and forgot to ask before adding it to my
domain and now have a few oddities.

After joining this server to the domain, the Domain admins group is
automatically added to the local admin group on the 2008 server. When I log in
as my domain admin account I find I can't do some things an admin should have
rights to do. Such as execute IISReset, see error below. (yes, IIS IS installed
and running)

This is the exact message I get when trying to run IISReset using my domain
admin account. If I login as the local admin I can run this without errors.

Access denied, you must be an administrator of the remote computer to use this
command. Either have your account added to the administrator local group of
the remote computer or to the domain administrator global group.

I also could not create a new file on the root of D until I added authenticated
users and gave them modify permissions. But again, if I'm logged in as local
admin then I have no problem doing this.

Thank <insert your holy deity of choice here> it's Friday!

Thanks,
Neil