Are the actual Dell Drivers (Alps?) installed, or just standard XP Ones?

From: Len Hammond [mailto:lenhammo...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2010 7:31 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: need to disable the left click touch on a laptop

I have a client that has a Dell Inspiron laptop that is always moving
the curser inadvertantly by touching the touchpad while typing. It
annoys her greatly.  A couple months ago I worked on a different
Inspiron laptop and that lady had her left click function turned off at
the touchpad but the actual button worked normally. I spend some time
looking over her touchpad driver and didn't find a checkbox to disable
the left click from the pad. Anyone know where this is. I also didn't
find it on the couple of Gateway laptops I service. She left this
morning for a 2 week cruise, so if I find anything, I'll just email it
to her and she can make the change.

Thanks

Len Hammond
CSI:Hartland