From: Matt Plahtinsky [mailto:cbusitl...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 3:27 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Downsizing to SBS. Same domain name?

I have a client that is going to be moving from a 2003 domain with VERY old
hardware to Small Business Server 2008 new hardware.

Here is my question.  Can you think of any problems if we keep the same
internal domain name?  If I disconnect the pc's from the old domain ABC.LOCAL
and connect them to the new SBS domain ABC.LOCAL could that cause any problems?
 In the past I have always changed the internal domain/DNS names when doing
migrations like this.  The client would like to keep the same name so that's
why I'm asking.

With out knowing the repercussions I would think that it could potentially
cause a ton of issues.

Thanks

Matt