Do you mean event logging such as here:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749336(WS.10).aspx

>>> Brian Desmond <br...@briandesmond.com> 1/27/2010 1:15 AM >>>

Also you can enable tracing for the drive mapping part of the CSE and get some
debug spew which may help with troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Brian Desmond
br...@briandesmond.com

c - 312.731.3132

From:James Rankin [mailto:kz2...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:05 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: GPO preferences not reliable on XP?

Have you got the Group Policy Client Side Extensions hotfix installed
everywhere? My XP machines all map perfectly....

2010/1/26 Tom Miller <tmil...@hnncsb.org>

Hi Folks:

I use GPO preferences to give my users drive mappings to common locations.  Too
frequently the drive mappings never occur, though.  A reboot resolves it, or I
can run gpupdate /force and the next logon the mappings come back.

Only an issue on XP, most security patches applied, GPO preferences patches
applied.

Weird.  Suggestions?  I can use a script but shouldn't need to.

Tom Miller
Engineer, Information Technology
Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board
757-788-0528
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.

--
"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into the
machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly