From: Bill Lambert [mailto:blamb...@concuity.com]
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 4:00 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Cc: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: a little gun shy (also sent to the Exchange list)

Thanks, gents, for the replies and article from Sean.  Very helpful.

Now I'm at the point where I am installing E2K3 on the new box.  Right after
the licensing agreement page, I get a screen that says "The Microsoft Exchange
Messaging and Collaboration Services component requires a user name, domain,
and password for the existing Exchange 5.5 installation service account.  Type
the information in the fields below".  Below that is a grayed out field for
both Username and Domain.  The Password is available but I have no idea what
password it wants.  If I try to click next without a password (or a guessed
password)  I get a window that says "This account must be valid before
continuing".

I'm adding this server to an org that only has one other Exchange 2003 server.
Google didn't find anything relevant.  Any ideas anyone?

Thanks again in advance!

Bill Lambert
Concuity
Phone  847-941-9206

The information contained in this e-mail message, including any attached files,
is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive
information for the recipient) you are hereby notified that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please contact the sender by reply email and delete all
copies of this message.  Thank you.