From: Ken Schaefer [mailto:k...@adopenstatic.com]
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 1:35 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OT: Skills assesments for new hires

We have a set of standard questions on major technology areas to cover some
base theory. Unless the employee is junior, we'll then take the candidate
through a scenario, asking them how they'd design a solution using whatever
their strongest technologies are, to see how they'd approach it and what things
they need to consider.

As Andrew says, you can usually find out in the first 5 minutes who the duds
are.

Cheers
Ken