Trying to migrate to SBS 2008 from regular 2000 server.  Not SBS, and no
pre-existing Exchange installations.

Has anyone done this before?  I have the answerfile in the root of a USB
thumbdrive, and the whole install seems to be taking place.  No migration
wizard ever appears however.  On its final boot, there is no login screen -
it auto-logs into the administrator account in workgroup mode, with a
different server name than I configured in the answerfile (?)

Also the first thing to greet me after that auto-logon is sbssetup.exe
crashing. An error of "CLR20r3". Migrationwizard.exe crashes out if I try to
manually run that.

There is nothing in the event log of the source server indicating that this
server at all tried to contact it.

It did take my IP settings from the answerfile and network connectivity does
exist.

Ever run into something like this before?

Phillip Partipilo
Parametric Solutions Inc.
Jupiter, Florida
(561) 747-6107

THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE CONFIDENTIAL
AND PROPRIETARY PROPERTY OF THE SENDER. THE INFORMATION IS
INTENDED FOR USE BY THE ADDRESSEE ONLY. ANY OTHER INTERCEPTION,
COPYING, ACCESSING, OR DISCLOSURE OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED.
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY
NOTIFY THE SENDER AND DELETE THIS MAIL AND ALL ATTACHMENTS. DO NOT
FORWARD THIS MESSAGE WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE SENDER.