From: James Rankin [mailto:kz2...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:43 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Kiosk Controls

Can't you just use a local group policy? What OS is it running? XP
should be able to do local policy fine

On 11 February 2010 15:40, mqcarp <mqcarpen...@gmail.com> wrote:

We use two computers that are off domain and on a separate network to
allow employees to surf the Internet dring lunches and breaks.
Although we can control the security portion of surfing through our
firewall/router, the local computer lacks solid controls like you can
handle with group policy.

Does anyone recommend a third party lock down tool for a computer to
handle functions like this? Essentially they only need to access a
browser and nothing on the local computer, or to change browser
settings, like a "kiosk" environment.

"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put
into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am
not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could
provoke such a question."