One of my users has SecureIT and asked me to contact them regarding the
problem, since they're not very technical. According to SecureIT, the
problem for MY user is a conflict between the update and one of SecureIT's
drivers. They had me delete scfltr.sys and said that all I need to do now,
is boot normally and then update the SecureIT software by advancing the
clock one hour and then opening the SecureIT software and letting it load
for about 30 seconds, then close and reopen the software.

Just thought I'd pass this along for anyone else who's got this problem. In
the case of my other user who had this problem, it was a Windows XP system
that didn't have that software, so that was not the issue. :-(

--
Thanks,
John Aldrich