Hi

I am in the process of testing a Gradual Upgrade from SharePoint
services 2.0 to 3.0.

We have only one front end web server connecting to a SQL server 2005
back end.

I have 3 SharePoint Services 2.0 sites. 2 with content databases of
about 20Gb and the other much smaller at about 350mb.  All the sites
have there own IP addresses.

I have ran the Prescan.exe on the Webserver and all was OK with that.

I installed sharePoint services 3.0 choseing to do a Gradual Upgrade and
then ran the configuration Wizard where I chose to "Create a New Server
Farm"

All of that seemed to go OK and the wizard finished.  I then opened the
SharePoint Services 3 Administration console and went to the Operations
Tab > Upgrade and Migration section and clicked on Site Content Upgrade
status.

The first thing I noticed was that only 2 of my 3 sites were showing.
Which leads to my first question.

How do I get the site that is not showing to appear in the
Administration Console?

I then proceeded to upgrade the first of the 2 sites that were showing
in the administration console. The Upgrade seemed to go OK and I can
browse all the new upgraded site.  However I can not connect to the old
sharepoint services 2 site usingthe URL that was deffined during the
upgrade which was the IP address of the old site wiuth a new port
number.  (http://192.168.2.14:42145).  I get an error message which says
"Service Unavailable"

So the second question is how do I browse the old SharePoint services
2.0 site.

The next issue is that when trying to upgrade the next site from the
Admin console I get an error that :

"The IIS Web Site you have selected is in use by SharePoint.  You must
select another port or hostname"

I am starting the upgrade by clicking on the "Begin Upgrade" link  under
Operations Tab > Upgrade and Migration section and  Site Content Upgrade
status. And clicking the link "Begin upgrade" oppsite my site.  I am
filling in all the relevant detail.  We don't use Host Headers so I
leave that blank. I created a new Application Pool with a configurable
username and password. However when I click OK I then get the error
message. "The IIS Web Site you have selected is in use by SharePoint.
You must select another port or hostname"

I have tried the procedure several times with the same result.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for any or all of these
issues.

Thank you.

Regards.

Kevan Dickinson

Network Manager

NSF-CMI

23 Lodge Road

Hanborough Business Park, Long Hanborough,

Oxford, OX29 8SJ, UK

T:+44 01993 885661

E:kevan.dickin...@nsf-cmi.com

W:www.nsf-cmi.com

                          ***Disclaimer***

The contents of this Email may be privileged and are confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
unlawful.

Should you wish to use Email as a mode of communication, NSF-CMi Ltd and its
subsidiaries are unable to guarantee the security of Email content outside of
our own computer systems.

This footnote also confirms that this Email message has been checked by
MailMarshal for the presence of computer viruses. Whilst we run anti-virus
software, you are solely responsible for ensuring that any Email or attachment
you receive is virus free. We disclaim any liability for any damage you suffer
as a consequence of receiving any virus.

NSF-CMi Ltd
Registered in England No: 1899857
Registered Office: Hill House, 1 Little New Street, London, EX4A 3TR