From: Erik Goldoff [mailto:egold...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 10:30 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: RESOLVED: Troubleshooting DHCP

switch could have been blocking broadcast ( DHCP request from client )
across bridges but allowing directed traffic.  Not completely uncommon even
though it's not an every day thing.  Was one of my complaints on the older
3Com switches years ago, needed to 'reboot' them after a month or so to keep
them from acting intermittently flaky

Erik Goldoff

IT  Consultant

Systems, Networks, & Security

'  Security is an ongoing process, not a one time event ! '

  _____