From: Sherry Abercrombie [mailto:saber...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:35 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: VIPRE versus Trend

I've had a completely different experience with Vipre Enterprise Steve.
We have had some issues with Vipre bpam service using up non-paged pool
memory, causing the server to become unresponsive, this happened on a
very small subset of servers, but a very significant subset, namely
database servers with Oracle on them.  In working with Vipre support we
completely disabled quick scans, and deep scans, only using active
protection on the policy group for database servers.  We also made some
changes in memory management on the servers per some MS KB articles that
we researched and that Vipre support directed us to.  We haven't had any
issues with this in 2-3 months.

I've not ever used Trend, only McAfee and Vipre.  Vipre management
console is great, easy and intuitive compared to McAfee's ePO.  Vipre
has caught more stuff than we ever thought possible since we've
implemented it, including some password cracker applications on
workstations that shouldn't have those kind of things......

I've got Vipre installed on 650 nodes, and am having to up my license
count because we're out of licenses.