TYPICALLY, yes.

BUT, PTR records come from the ISP. So they need to do that part. Everything
else is on you.

From: Kelsey, John [mailto:jckel...@drmc.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 7:01 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Reverse DNS Failing?

I'm about 20 minutes from Punxsy Phil =)  Our hospital and Punxsy hospital
are on the same ISP.

But here is where my lack of DNS skillz comes in to play.

    Shouldn't any dns queries for my mail server come to MY dns server,
regardless of who my ISP is?  Or am I not understanding how that lookup
works?

Thanks!

And Phil says there will be 6 more weeks of winter!   =)

John C. Kelsey
DuBois Regional Medical Center
(:  814.375.3073
*:    <mailto:jckel...@drmc.org> jckel...@drmc.org