I know this is a little off-topic, but I though this group might be a good
resource here.  As a matter of procedure, we block flash streams at our
firewall.  It is quite a pain when I have to open a firewall hole every time
an employee wants to attend a webinar or watch some streaming content.
Since these activities are important parts of some of our jobs, I find
myself considering opening up the firewall to these flash streams and java
applets permanently.  Are there any REAL security implications in this?  I
generally consider Flash and Java very insecure protocols since they are
very common attack vectors.  But how big is the risk really?  What are your
professional opinions?

Thanks
-Bill