Thanks.  Just to clarify – the 2003 servers are using 2008 CAL’s as well ?  It
doesn’t seem to be possible to purchase 2003 CAL’s.

CFee
From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 3:12 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Terminal Server CAL's

Yes.  My TS 2008 farm has a few 2003 servers for our legacy app and uses the
2008 licensing server for licenses.

>>> Carol Fee <c...@massbar.org> 3/8/2010 3:01 PM >>>
W2K3 Terminal Server in Application mode
Can I run the licensing server on a W2K8 server and purchase and install W2K8
CAL’s ?
In other words, are W2K8 TS CAL’s backward compatible for W2K3 servers/XP
clients ?
TIA

________________________________
Carol Fee
Network Administrator
617-338-0623
c...@massbar.org<mailto:c...@massbar.org>

[file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\cfee\Application%20Data\Microsoft\Signatures\mbalogo-gold.gif]
   Massachusetts Bar Association
   20 West Street
   Boston, MA 02111-1204
   (617) 338-0500

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.