From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:asbz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 2:43 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Installing Win2K8 Server as DC Issue

>>I cannot access the server remotely

Error message? No error message, after running DS role I am no longer able to
connect to server via RDP

>> the windows firewall service won't start

How are you determining this? This is determined by the service on the server
set to automatic but doesn't show's not started

What does the eventlog say?   Etc and so on.  Event log is throwing MS DTC
errors saying service cannot start.

>>The Windows Firewall is a pain in the arse if you ask me.

Because? Because it's always been a pain in the arss.  :)

-ASB: http://XeeSM.com/AndrewBaker

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 2:29 PM, John Bowles