Now that the rant has hopefully wound down...

<whine>What exactly is this "Embassy Suite" Dell tends to inflict upon its
customers?  What positive things might it do?  One definitely negative
thing it does is interfere with our sponsor's newest AV/ASpy product.  It
prevents push deployments, it prevents push agent updates, and it may or
may not allow a "scheduled" agent update.  I've also been told that, with
VIPRE 4 finally installed, it can result in an unbootable machine.<br>

Thing is, I spent hours struggling with the new product (as did SB
Support) before an engineer finally arranged a remote session.  We tried a
push update, then he looked through the target machine.  "Oh, you have
Dells!"...<br>

So, again, what positive things does the Dell "Embassy Suite" do?</whine>

Thanks...
--
Richard D. McClary
Systems Administrator, Information Technology Group

richardmccl...@aspca.org

P: 217-337-9761
C: 217-417-1182
F: 217-337-9761
www.aspca.org

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is
from The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA
®) and is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may
contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the contents of this
e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by reply email
and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any
printout thereof.