From: Steven M. Caesare [mailto:scaes...@caesare.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:40 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: NTP, VM's, and domains... Oh My!

OK, there was some discussion about this a while back I believe.

Time services... you can set your guest servers, your guest DC's or your VM
hosts to all sync with NTP.

Additionally, you can (under ESXi), sync the guest machines with the ESXi host
they live on.

IIRC , I believe the best practice is to allow all guest servers to sync with
DC (also a guest).

What I can't find anything definitive on is if the head-honcho DC should
directly sync with an NTP server, or should it have its clock corrected by the
VMWare tools on that ESXi host, and let the ESXi server sync with an NTP source
instead?

-sc