On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Angus Scott-Fleming
<angu...@geoapps.com> wrote:
> "It's not just you! http://www.msn.com  looks down from here."
>
> BUT I can load msn.com just fine.  Looks like downforeveryoneorjustme has a
> routing glitch this morning.

  The Internet is a big place.  A network problem between
downforeveryoneorjustme and MSN could mean DFEOJM can't reach MSN but
you can.

  Additionally, most big online sites run multiple sites/clusters/etc.
 If the load balancer decides you're going to cluster XYZ and someone
else goes to cluster JKL, and cluster XYZ is down but JKL is up, you
can't get in but someone else can.

  I've also seen this cause more subtle differences.  For example, at
home, I sometimes get different Google search results vs at work.
Both on Comcast, within 30 miles of each other.

-- Ben