On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 8:26 AM, James Rankin <kz2...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Sometimes when the browser is getting it's electrons
> in a twist, I'll find machines in the server subnet not appearing when the
> script is run from the workstations subnet, and vice versa.

  While the NetBIOS browser is certainly not the most reliable thing
in the universe, I find the following helps:

A1. Use WINS
A2. Configure all computers as NetBIOS P-nodes (peer-to-peer) (no broadcasts)
A3. On each subnet, designate a small number of reliable computers be
preferred master browsers

-- Ben