I haven't had much luck doing R1 to R2 upgrades in our ESX 4 environment. A
lot of flaky network issues with upgraded boxes, hangs on startup, all sorts
of weird behaviour. In the end I opted to build a new template fresh from R2
rather than upgrade existing R1 systems.

--
"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able